Monday 4 June 2018

Promotional video planning

After our initial meeting my client explained that he didn't want to put to many limitations on my vision for the promotional video, he wanted me to have full creative control over the video. He explained that a promotional video for next years HNC should come from from someone who has experienced it. The only limitations and requests he gave me, is that he wanted a one minute version for use on the colleges instagram, and a full version which should be around 3 minutes.

immediately i began to think of ideas for the piece, i want to create a piece that not only shows my experience on the trip, but also highlights the creativity that the HNC has to offer.

I wanted to make this promotional video personal, i wanted to create a piece that not only showcased what the HNC has to offer, but our own individual talents. This film will be a showcase of our own individual talents. This piece is essentially a showcase of what this years HNC has to offer, This piece will rely entirely on the strength of the footage captured by myself and the my fellow Hnc.

I want this film to personal, in my previous post of the analysis of promotional videos for cities, i mentioned how impersonal it was, how the images shown to the audience didn't capture how intimate a city could be, these videos always show the clean, the aesthetic version of a city, yet they negate the rugged, the dirt, the underbelly of a city, the version of the city we see. The piece i want to make will alter this, i want to show the audience the true nature of this city, its beauty, its pride, its fear and its condition. If this film is for the next years HNC then how better to showcase it then my version of the city.

I wanted to set this piece to some music, something to set the tone for the raw starkness of the piece i wanted to make. I have some friends who form the band "Brown Brogues", they gave my vocal conformation that i could use there song "Split Disk", For me this song is a perfect representation of my experience within the trip, Overwhelmed with possibilities yet nervous of the outcome.
The piece will be edited to the music, which i hope will interest and intrigue the audience into asking my clients about the HNC. I will include links to the college and the course itself at the end of the piece

As the majority of the film will rely on the footage created by those who were with me during our time at bristol, it will be incredibly hard to create a consistent style through the film, but, different styles throughout the film will only highlight the various talents the HNC has to offer, however if the audience can tell that various artists took part in the filming of this piece than that only seven to nightlight the unique talent the HNC caters to.





No comments:

Post a Comment